Party Walls can be a complex business. They’re part of your property, but they’re also part of your neighbour’s property.

Projects involving party walls can thus become quite a headache! If you have been issued with a Party Wall Notice and are unsure of your options, we can help. If you want to enhance your property, and want to maintain neighbourly relations, we can help.

dunstan-consulting will happily provide you with an informal and friendly consultation regarding your rights and options under the Party Wall etc Act 1996.

Adjoining Owners

The Party Wall etc Act 1996 gives you the right to be involved in any works undertaken on a party-owned element of a building. You have the right to bring in your own surveyor, and to seek both clarification and amendments to the plans from building owners. We can advise you of your rights, and of the best way to protect your property in a manner which does not cause rifts with your neighbours.

Building Owners

The Party Wall etc Act of 1996 gives you the right to carry out works to an element of a building which is jointly (or ‘Party’) owned. You are also entitled to access adjoining land in order to carry out these works. The Act requires all relevant parties to be given notice of such works, and aims to obtain agreement between parties before works can begin. We can help to advise you on your rights as defined by the Act, and the best way to go about your works without upsetting your neighbours unduly.

With many years experience of Party Wall matters in London and the South West and as a member of both The Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors and Pyramus and Thisbe Club, dunstan-consulting Ltd can provide efficient and effective services as Building Owners Surveyor or Adjoining Owners Surveyor, under the Party Wall etc Act 1996.

Contact us to find out how we can help    CONTACT US